Deep Diver Specialty
Deep Diver Specialty Course
Many divers find the lure of the deep intoxicating! Whether you are swimming along drop offs over beautiful blue water with massive Sponges and Fans, or exploring deeper ship wrecks, it brings out the adventurer in all of us! The excitement doesn’t come without risks. Decreased bottom times and greater exposure to nitrogen are just a few. If this interests you, then the Deep Diver Specialty is what you're looking for!
Under direct supervision by one of our highly experienced Instructors, we will take you through Preparing, Planning and Executing dives in the 18m/60ft to 40m/130ft depth range. The course consists of knowledge development, equipment considerations and planning, all culminating in 3 deep dives!
- Advanced Open Water Certification, or equivalent.
- Recent diving experience, other than Open Water and Advanced Training Dives.
- It is recommended that divers have completed at least 10 dives other than training dives.
- An additional orientation dive may be required (at the discretion of Diving Frontiers), for those who only just
meet the listed pre-requisites.
- Be at least 15 years of age.
- Be medically fit to dive.
- Must have own DSMB and reel/finger spool.
- $399.00 – deposit of $200.00 and balance at the commencement of the course.
SCHEDULE DAY ONE:
- SSI Deep Diver e-learning kit.
- Instruction by an experienced Deep Specialty Instructor.
- 1 Shore Dive and 2 Boat Dives (price includes Charter Fees for standard boat dives).
- 1 Theory Session.
- SSI Deep Diver Certification.
The following group upgrade options are available for the last two dives of the course (Note - We cannot split courses, so the whole group must agree to upgrade):
Key Biscayne Oil Rig – additional $250.00
HMAS Swan Wreck – additional $200.00
Morning Theory Session and afternoon Training Dive 1 DAY TWO:
Training Dives Two and Three LOCATION
Theory session conducted at the Diving Frontiers Shop.
Shore Dive locations are dependent on weather conditions. Last two dives are dependent on the options above, boat availability and weather conditions.
- A minimum number of 4 divers are required for the course to run. Diving Frontiers reserves the right to cancel or defer the course, if minimum numbers are not met.
- Ocean and Boat Dives are dependent on weather conditions. Diving Frontiers reserves the right to cancel/defer boat dives or charters, change vessel or dive site, if conditions are not deemed safe.
- No cancellations within 7 days of course commencement. Refund of course deposits given at the discretion of Diving Frontiers
- Course can also be done with dive trips. See options above and/or contact the shop for details on our upcoming overseas trips.
Please call the shop on 9240 6662 for information regarding course dates