Deep Diver Specialty
Deep Diver Specialty Course
Many divers find the lure of the deep intoxicating! Whether you are swimming along drop offs over beautiful blue water with massive Sponges and Fans or exploring deeper ship wrecks, it brings out the adventurer in all of us! The excitement doesn’t come without risks. Decreased bottom times and greater exposure to nitrogen are just a few. If this interests you then the Deep Diver Specialty is for you!
Under direct supervision by one of our highly experienced Instructors we will take you through Preparing, Planning and Executing dives in the 18m/60ft to 40m/130ft depth range. The course consists of knowledge development, equipment considerations and planning. All culminating in 4 deep dives!
PREREQUISITES FOR DEEP DIVER SPECIALTY
- Advanced Open Water Certification or equivalent
- Recent diving experience other than Open Water and Advanced Training Dives.
- It is usually recommended divers have completed at least 10 dives other than training dives.
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Be medically fit to dive
- $395.00 – deposit of $200.00 and balance at the commencement of the course
- SSI Deep Diver e-learning kit
- Instruction by an experienced Deep Specialty Instructor
- 4 Shore Dives or 2 Shore Dives and 2 Boat Dives (excludes Charter Fees)
- 1 Theory Session
- SSI Deep Diver Certification
The following upgrade options are available for the last two dives of the course:
Shore Dives – no additional charge,
Key Biscayne Oil Rig – additional $250.00
HMAS Swan Wreck – additional $200.00
Weekday evening 6.30pm – 9.00pm Theory SessionDAY TWO:
Training Dives One and TwoDAY THREE:
Training Dives Three and FourLOCATION
Theory session conducted at the Dive Frontiers Shop.
First Two Shore Dive locations are dependent on ocean conditions. Last two dives are dependent on the options above and weather conditions.
- A minimum number of 4 divers are required for the course to run. Diving Frontiers reserves the right to cancel or defer the course, if minimum numbers are not met.
- Ocean and Boat Dives are dependent on weather conditions. Diving Frontiers reserves the right to cancel/defer boat dives or charters, change vessel or dive site, if conditions are not deemed safe.
- No cancellations within 7 days of course commencement. Refund of course deposits given at the discretion of Diving Frontiers
- Course can also be done with dive trips see options above.
Please call the shop on 9240 6662 for information regarding course dates